Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Beautiful Day


Today is an incredibly beautiful autumn day in Elsah, Illinois. The trees' beauty is especially vibrant under the bright sun and blue sky. The gorgeous shades of yellow, orange, and red surround the college campus. At the very edge of the campus, a bluff looks over the Mississippi river and the landscape of Illinois. This is probably the most beautiful place in the midwest. I feel so blessed to be here. I never expected to feel this content and happy so far away from home. It's definitely a step towards getting over my anxiety. In the past, I've dealt with severe homesickness that brought on bouts of anxiety and depression. I have barely felt a hint of those feelings on this trip. 
I am so grateful to feel so at peace here. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by such a beautiful place. I'm grateful for the time that I've gotten to spend with my sister. It's been an amazing few days so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment