Friday, November 9, 2012
A Reunion
This weekend I signed up to visit my sister's college in Illinois. When planning the trip, I told my best friend from Indiana to come as well. Fortunately, she was able to. Over the past 24 hours I have been reunited with 8 of my best friends, one of my cousins, and my sister. It's been a good 24 hours to say the least.
It all started yesterday when I flew into St. Louis. Two of my friends live in St. Louis, so I told them to meet me at the airport. My friend Alli brought my other friend Rachel, who had no idea I was coming. When they arrived at the airport, there was a lot of screaming, laughing, and tackling. We ended up on the ground laughing and got some pretty weird stares. It didn't matter though, it was so good to see them! After I visited with them for a little bit, I hopped into a car and came to campus. I was first greeted by some people from my youth group that I didn't know were coming. It was such a pleasant surprise to find them here! In that group was my best friend, Katherine, who I only get to see about once a year. Once again, there was some tackling involved. Soon after we got settled in, I was able to see my sister for the first time in four months. She and I are best friends, so I was insanely excited to see her. Later last night I was able to see my cousin that I haven't seen in about 12 years, which was interesting!
Today I spent the day touring campus, sitting in on some interesting classes, and spending a lot of time with my friends and sister. It's been such a harmonious day.
I'm so grateful to be reunited with so many of my friends, but most of all, my sister. I'm grateful that feelings of depression have simply washed over me on this trip and I've felt happiness. I'm grateful that my anxiety is minimal. I'm grateful for the amount of love around me and that I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment