Saturday, November 3, 2012

New Friends

After two years of being unhappy at my small high school, this year I transferred to a larger school. I went into the school year knowing about three people. That's a small number when there are 1,200 students in the entire school. It was terrifying to say the least. I did it though. 
The beginning of the school year hasn't been terribly easy. Not being able to find familiar faces in the hallway sends a sinking feeling to the pit of my stomach. I know that making friends is a long, tedious journey, but I wish the process would speed up. I will admit that some days are more difficult than others. I'm getting there and that's what matters. I'm loving meeting all the new people. 
For instance, two girls and I went out to dessert in town tonight. I knew them both from my history class, and really like them. They're down to earth, laid back, and kind. There were never any awkward pauses or feelings of exclusion. The entire evening was harmonious and filled with laughter. I'm so grateful that these girls are so friendly and that I'm getting to know them better. Its so nice to be able to call them my friends. 
Goodnight, world.
Love always,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment