My day...
After a few beautiful, sunny fall days, today's rain was dreaded by many. With all the football fans and pumpkin patch goers, the rain stomped on many people's plans. I wasn't exactly inviting the rain either, as I had planned to go to my school's football game. About two hours before the game was to begin, I encountered a downpour on my way to run an errand. I resolved that it wouldn't be terribly fun to attend the game, so I cleared up my evening. As I was settling in to catch up on some TV shows, my best friend, Julia, asked if I wanted to go to the book store with her. On a rainy day like today, it sounded like an ideal destination. We decided to wait on our mission until rush hour traffic eased up, and decided to venture to a tea shop to get some work done. The tea bar was a new discovery and we instantly fell in love. The atmosphere was cozy, warm, and welcoming. It is the most perfect spot for such a dreary evening. We hunkered down onto a sofa and spent a productive two hours doing homework. I tend to be the type of person to procrastinate, so getting so much work done on a Friday evening made me feel accomplished.
After our work session and five cups of delicious tea, we ventured over to the book store across town. This particular book store is famous for their multiple rooms of hundreds of thousands of books. I got lost several times while exploring, which felt amazing. Being surrounded by books in a world of technology was very refreshing. I wanted to sit down and read as much as I could. After about a half hour of browsing, Julia and I decided to grab a bite to eat. We tried a new dish at Noodles & Co. It was a complete success. After pleasant conversation and a delicious meal, we headed back to her house. I stayed only a short time before coming home and crawling into my comfy bed. Now, my always inviting journal is waiting to be written in.
I'm grateful for the simple joys of today. I'm grateful for a mellow night with my best friend. I'm grateful to have such an amazing best friend. I'm grateful for the wonderful places that my city has to offer. Most of all, I'm grateful for the peace and joy that I feel right now.
Goodnight, world.
Love always,
Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment