Sunday, October 21, 2012

Satisfaction

I think that everyone has those days where not everything gets completed that needs to be. Maybe you didn't have time to go to the gym, do the laundry, etc. But, I also think we all have incredibly productive days. The kind of day where when you lay in bed at night, you're exhausted in a good way. Your body knows it can relax completely because you made the most of your day. Today, I had one of those days. While I didn't get the time to work on homework, clean my room, or whatever else is on my to do list, I was able to make progress in feeling happy and ignoring my anxiety. 
My best friend's homecoming was tonight, so she asked me to do her makeup. I was happy to help out because I absolutely love makeup. As we spent a few hours getting ready, some of her friends asked me to do their makeup as well. For me, the application of makeup is art. I get lost in the colors and textures and express my creativity. As I finished all of the girls' makeup, I occurred to me how enjoyable the job was. It quickly put a smile on my face. As the ladies headed out the door with their dates, I was invited to a movie with some other friends. In the past, movies, especially movie theaters, have sparked anxiety attacks. I don't know what it is, but I haven't set foot into a movie theater in four years. Tonight, I decided to suck it up. Into the movie I went. There were a few parts where I noticed how uncomfortable I was, but I was able to ignore them. Overall, I really enjoyed the movie! After, we headed out to dinner at a local restaurant. I ordered a delicious cappuccino and was perfectly content in my surroundings. Tonight, as I arrived home, I reflected on the night and how accomplished I felt for walking into that movie theater. I feel strong. I'm thrilled that I was able to face my fear. 
So tonight, I am thankful for a lot from the day. I'm grateful for creativity outlets. I'm grateful for fun times with great friends. I'm grateful I was able to close the door on one of my fears. I'm grateful that I was able to live today and truly feel alive. 
Goodnight, world.
Love Always,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment